Sunday, June 7, 2009

Etsy Update

For those that have followed my blog for more than a few months, or are on my facebook (add me if you haven't!) or myspace you have already heard some of this and I just wanted to send a little update. For those of you that have no idea what I am talking about go here to THIS blog...yes just click those words and it will take you right to it!
I joined Etsy back in January and slowly nosed around and started to get a few things together for "my store". March I officially opened which in reality translates to I told people about it. I was really nervous to share my nerdy creative side but I have received nothing but support! Thanks to everyone for your kind words! I had my first sale mid March and just hit 36 sales! So it definitely isn't enough to live on, but it feels so good when people want my stuff! It also is almost to the point where it supports itself financially...which is the first goal! It would be self sufficient if I weren't always buying new stuff to try out :) I had a lady contact me about selling consignment out of her real store...I was very flattered and going to go for it, but between a full time job and a family I just don't think taking that step is the smartest move at this time. Plus, she makes money off of my stuff which means I have to make a lot more stuff to have the same return. I need to open a store and sell other people's stuff consignment! Any investors???
I have a few projects always going, but here are pics from 2 recent custom orders. They both turned out adorable! I also have a handful of items waiting for pictures to be taken and listed but I am going to have to wait a little so I know I can actually get them to the post office when they are purchased :)
If you haven't checked out my Etsy, please do! www.smoxcreations.etsy.com If you know someone that needs a gift or just wants something a little less Target...send them my way! Help me spread the word...


1 comment:

Courtney said...

Okay so I know the day before you are having a baby is maybe not the best day for a special order but I do still want to get that baby diaper holder thing. But I would like it to be more sex neutral. Cause my sister will be carrying it around (girl) and she already has one kid (boy) and is pregnant with one more (unknown sex). So I don't want it to be too boyish or too girlish. I just don't know how to special order. I don't really care which fabric you pick. Maybe something along the lines of the your background of your blog page? Stripes? Anything. Could you do that for me and I promise I'll buy it?

Thanks. And I expect you to be working on it in the hospital bed. During delivery would be best cause I want it ASAP! :)